Tuesday, December 6, 2011

nutella puppy chow

This was always one of my favorites throughout high school. I actually discovered Nutella while over in Europe in 2006. Nom!!!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup Nutella
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
2/3 cup hazelnuts
 12 oz box of hearty wheat cereal (I used Chex)
3 cups powdered sugar

Put the cereal in a large bowl and set to the side. In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter, semi-sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. Once melted, remove from heat and add Nutella. Mix well. Pour over the cereal and stir until evenly coated. I used my hands, because it's easier than trying to stir with a spoon since the chocolate sauce is thick. After cereal is coated, dump in to a gallon size zip lock bag. Add in powdered sugar, half a cup at a time and shake like crazy. I actually split the cereal mixture into two different bags to make coating them with powdered sugar easier. And now, EAT!


No comments:

Post a Comment