Saturday, December 17, 2011

chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese filling

Back in October I made some vegan cupcakes for Conner's birthday party. I forgot the almond milk, so I had to do regular ones this time. Today marks 5 years of my love and I becoming a couple. I wanted to do something sweet (pun intended) for our anniversary. Yes, we celebrate both our 'couple' and 'marriage' anniversaries. He has taken over potty training duty and I am off to the kitchen like a typical housewife. Bahaha.. seriously though, I love cooking and baking. This recipe was supposed to be for 12 cupcakes, but I was able to make 24! Here's how they turned out!

Ingredients (cupcakes):
3 cups of all purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
2/3 cups vegetable oil
2 cups water
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350F. Line the cupcake pan with cupcake liners. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in oil, water, vinegar and vanilla extract. Mix until well blended. Pour batter into cupcake liners until 2/3 full. 

Ingredients (filling):
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, egg, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop a teaspoon full into the middle of each cupcake. Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool before eating. 

My filling ended up being more of a topping, but this is also my first attempt ever making 'filled' cupcakes. Either way, soooo yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment