Wednesday, December 21, 2011

mini chicken empanadas

Alrighty. Chris had these at the company Christmas party and wanted me to try them out. The recipe I found was for mini ones. I feel like I tasted too much crust and it was missing something, so next time I'll have to mess around with it until I can figure it out.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
4 oz shredded mozz cheese
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 jalepeno, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 package refrigerated pie crusts
water

Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a baking sheet. In a large bowl, mix chicken, cheese, cream cheese, red bell pepper, jalepeno, ground cumin, salt and pepper. On a light floured surface, roll out one of the pie crusts. Cut out 3 inch rounds (cookie cutter works great). Repeat with remaining pie crusts. You should have about 12 mini circles. Lightly brush edges with water. Put a heaping teaspoon of the chicken mixture into the middle of the circle. Fold over the crust and press closed with a fork. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining circles. Bake for 15 minutes. I served these with salsa.


No comments:

Post a Comment