Thursday, June 28, 2012

28 weeks down

Whoa, can you believe that. I'm at the awkward stage in pregnancy where I don't have much time left, but it still feels like forever until he gets here. This pregnancy has honestly flown by. I'm sure I can accredit that to everything that we had going on. We've lost 3 family members, went home for a visit, made a move across the country, and bought a house. Now we are preparing for a deployment. That's a whole lot of stuff to handle at once so I see how it's gone by quickly. Here's my 28 week bump (that actually looks like a bump now). I don't know why the bottom part is not fully uploading!



Anyway, let's play some catch up from the past 4 weeks. I've had a few doctors appointments. Just normal ones. Heartbeat is still around the 160 range and he's still head down. I've gotten this nice little symptom where my arms will go numb for days at a time. Apparently it's normal. I've gained 5 pounds since my pre-pregnancy weight. That is not a complete total since I actually lost weight first, but I'm only counting from pre-pregnancy for now. My pre-pregnancy jeans no longer fit. I can still buckle them, but sitting is very uncomfortable. 

We finished a majority of the nursery. I made the crib skirt and a valance with the fabric I bought. I also plan to make a pillow to sit on the glider. Haven't gotten around to that yet. All of the furniture is set up. Chris and I were trying to make a mobile, but that idea failed miserably, so we made a canvas piece instead. We thought we'd use some of our baby shower decorations. It turned out nicely, in my opinion. All of the clothes are washed and in the dresser. We are pretty much set from newborn-3 months. After that I will have to start buying outfits and sleepers. There are still a few miscellaneous items we need to buy, but we're about 80% ready. If he were born today, we'd be alright to bring him home. Let's just hope he doesn't. He still needs to cook a while longer.

Speaking of that, I have still been having some random, painful contractions. It's nothing to worry about though. They are no consistent and it seems I am still in the clear. My GERD has made a wicked comeback. I was doing okay for a while there, but for the past week it has felt like something is stuck in my throat. I know there is nothing there, but it's still painful. I will be discussing this with my doctor ASAP because I can not go another 12ish weeks feeling this pain. I have to go in for my second gestational diabetes test next week after this sinus infection clears up. Thankfully it is only a one hour this time. I think that's about it for now. Update again in 4 weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment