Thursday, June 28, 2012

creamy garlic pasta

So, I haven't posted a recipe in a little while. I have some to share, but no pictures of them. It's been a hectic time. My husband really loves pasta so I thought I'd try out this garlic pasta. It's very simple and even my 2 year old liked it. I found the original recipe over at The Cheese Pusher.

Ingredients:
2 teaspoons of olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of butter
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
3 cups of chicken stock
1/2 lb angel hair pasta
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup of heavy cream
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped

In a large pot, heat up the olive oil. Add in garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add in butter until melted. Mix in the salt, pepper and chicken stock. Raise the heat to high until boiling. Add in the pasta and cook using the package directions. If your's turn out like mine, there is no need to drain as the chicken stock will have evaporated by this point. Lower heat to medium and mix in the parmesan cheese until melted. Turn off heat and add in the cream and parsley. Serve hot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment