Wednesday, June 6, 2012

baby lucas update

Alright, it's about time I update everyone on our little guy. Well, the last week before we left El Paso, I brought the elective ultrasound picture in so that the doctor could put it in my records that we were having a boy. He looked at the picture, had the sonographer look at it, as well as a nurse, and all of them said they didn't see boy parts. I went into a fit. We had clearly seen what looked to be boy parts at the ultrasound, however, the picture the tech gave us did not show them. So I start second guessing. Frantically searching the internet and everything to find another elective ultrasound place. It was worth spending more money to find out for sure. They were wonderful and gave me pictures that for sure showed he was a male. 

Anyway, the drive from Texas to Illinois was a pain for the simple fact that my body was not used to be in a car for that long of a time period. It decided to retaliate and make my legs swell pretty badly. He then decided he would stop moving for almost 3 days. Scared me, but I waited it out because Conner had done something similar a few times and he always made me look like a liar when I finally went in. They'd hook me up to the monitors and he'd kick away. Once he started up again, it was such a relief. The drive from Illinois to Georgia wasn't nearly as bad. I assume since it was a shorter distance, so less time in the car.

I finally had gotten my appetite back and since we had been in a hotel and traveling for almost a month and eating super unhealthy, I gained all the weight I lost back and then a few. At 24 weeks, I was +3 over my pre-pregnancy weight. I was able to get a transfer appointment fairly quickly, which was like magic to me since at WBAMC in El Paso, it took forever to get an appointment. I had my very overdue anatomy scan today. He is measuring EXACTLY where he should be, 24 weeks 6 days. He is still head down against my cervix, but the tech said that I am still not effaced or anything so I shouldn't worry about it. That does explain all of the pain I've been having in that area. He was being a stubborn little guy and it took us almost an hour to get proper measurements.  Here is the best profile shot we got today:


At my second elective ultrasound, the tech found a second "hole" that shouldn't have been in his abdomen. She gave me a picture and told me to let the tech who did my anatomy scan know. That was one of our main focuses points today. It literally looks like my child has 2 stomachs lol. I actually ended up having two techs today so they could focus more on this. Both have come to the conclusion that the hole is where the gallbladder should be, and that it is very enlarged, but nothing I should be concerned about. Worst case scenario, he'll have to have it removed shortly after birth to prevent future problems. So for now, they're just going to keep a close eye on it, but it has gotten bigger since the last ultrasound which was 5 weeks ago, so I doubt it'll go down any. That's about all for now. I have an actual appointment on Friday and I'll have to schedule a second glucose test to see if anything has changed since the one I had done at 14 weeks. Other than that, just the normal stuff. Until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment