Tuesday, June 5, 2012

georgia updates

Hello everyone! It has been far too long since I have been able to blog. Let me catch you up a little bit on what has been happening with the Myrda clan. The last blog I wrote was an in memory blog for my grandmother. It has been just over a month since her passing and I miss her terribly. Unfortunately, we also said goodbye to her brother 2 weeks after her passing. It has been a year of loss, and with each one we lose a little more of our hearts. However, I know they are no longer in pain and that comforts me.

Well, we left Fort Bliss on May 14. We flew down Chris's aunt Kari who got there on Mother's Day. We celebrated by going to Carlos & Mickey's. It was delicious. We hit the road early the next morning and made it to our halfway point in Oklahoma City, OK around 9pm. The worst part was that my legs were so swollen are sore from being in the car for so long. We stopped every few hours to walk around and also because Conner was in underwear and we wanted him to have plenty of stops to potty so he had no accidents. The next day we finished up and got to Oswego, IL around 9:30pm. 

We spent a few days with my mom and her husband in Earlville. Had our baby shower that weekend, which was awesome! I'm so thankful for Kari offering to throw it for me. I loved every part of it. We ended up selling our Crosstown Classic tickets because I had no idea that the NATO stuff was going on in Chicago that particular weekend and we didn't want to have to deal with all of the road closures and protesters. I was completely bummed, but I knew with the combination of the NATO stuff and the heat, my preggo self couldn't handle it. We spent a few more days with Chris's parents in Rochelle and then hit to road early for Georgia. We had to cut our visit to Illinois short so we could come close on our house. Nashville, TN was our stopping point, and boy was that traffic fun. I decided I felt well enough to drive one car so we didn't have to inconvenience anyone to come with us. Conner did really well, which was the biggest thing I was afraid of. The next day we finished up and made it to Ludowici. We stayed in the only tiny motel in this town for the night. I am happy to say that Conner did not have ANY accidents the entire trip!



That brings us to our house! On Friday, May 25, we officially became homeowners! Our builder met us at the motel and we followed him to our new home. This was necessary since this is a brand new subdivision and isn't on any maps. Seriously, you can Google this house and it says it doesn't exist. He took us on the most confusing route of back roads. I was terrified. I'm a city girl. Going from the suburbs of Chicago to El Paso was one thing. Going from El Paso to Ludowici, HAHAHA! Yea. To give you an idea of where I am located: I have to drive 20 minutes to the nearest place to buy groceries. I just came from a city where there was practically a WalMart on every corner. Big shock going from there to here. However, even just being here for a week and a half, I absolutely love the quiet. Here is our home:


That's the picture that the realtor sent us. I haven't taken any since our privacy fence was added. The grass is much more green as well. But just to show the general idea. Conner ran in and chose his room right away. We had to wait a few days for our household goods to arrive, so we made a lot of trips into Hinesville to just get out of the empty house. Once we got our stuff, we had everything set up within two days. Our house finally feels like home! 

I had a transfer appointment to Winn Medical Center last week, but I'll save the baby update for tomorrow, since I have an anatomy scan and can give a better update then. :) Hope you enjoyed our updates!


No comments:

Post a Comment