Thursday, June 28, 2012

mini ham and cheese quinoa cups

My friends and family will tell you, I love baking everything in my muffin pan. From desserts to dinners, if it can be miniaturized, best believe I'm going to attempt it. So I was really excited to stumble across Iowa Girl Eats recipe for mini ham and cheese quinoa cups. These little things are really filling, so we had a lot left over. They'd work great for a pot luck! As always, I altered the recipe to suit my family.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
3 eggs
1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup diced ham
1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350F. Cook quinoa according to package directions. In a large bowl, mix the cooked quinoa and all other ingredients. Spray your mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon in mixture to the top of each cup. Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes. Once the edges are a golden brown they are done. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin. They should pop out pretty effortlessly. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment