Thursday, June 23, 2011

i feel like me again.

So here is a week's worth of updates. My last update was last Thursday when I finally got a diagnosis. Friday I didn't do much other than get my medicine. Saturday I headed out to Rochelle to spend some time with the in laws. Sunday was Father's Day and we Skyped with Chris. Monday Conner got to spend some time with Nana while Auntie Kari and I went to Crosstown Classic. We lost, but it was still a good time. Tuesday he stayed with Nana again. We had some pretty nasty weather. I got to see my best friend, though, so weather didn't matter much. Wednesday I just hung out in Oswego. And here it is Thursday and I am doing the exact same thing.

Exactly one week after getting a diagnosis. I've been on the medication this past week and it really does seem to be helping. Because I was unable to swallow pills, they had to make it in liquid form for me. I believe it has gotten into my system much faster because of that. Once I have a follow up in El Paso I will get the pills. This liquid is so awful. I ended up losing 4 pounds during the week leading up to the diagnosis. And today I am drinking my first caffeinated beverage since the diagnosis. I don't even really want it, just tired of drinking water.

As for me, well, this is the happiest I've felt in a while. I feel like me again. Maybe it is because I am getting to see all the people I used to see all the time and have been away from for forever. I just saw my best friend two days ago, and I miss him! I want to just bring all my friends back to El Paso with me so I don't have to be without them. I'm so thankful for all of them. Especially the ones who have been with me through so much, and haven't let go just because of distance. I LOVE YOU!!!

I really don't want to go back to El Paso. Like, ever. =/

Love, Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment