Thursday, June 2, 2011

don't let the world change your smile..

...change the world with your smile. :)



My favorite thing is meeting positive people. Even if I only have the chance to meet them for a brief moment. A good friend used to tell me to always smile because I never knew who was watching and a smiling face could change the whole tone of that person's day. Was he ever right! 

I've been stressed to the max lately with school, Conner being a pain, all the issues with the house, and worrying about this upcoming vacation. To top that all off, my wisdom teeth have decided that it's a good time to make an appearance. With everything going on, I still manage to put on a smile. It's the most simple gift to someone, and it's free. 

There are two reasons behind writing this blog. The first is a Facebook page called Smile Fort Bliss. It's administrated by two friends of mine. It never fails to make me smile when I am feeling down. To have so much positivity in one area is awesome. The second is that sweet old man at the PX who told me I made his day, all because I smiled at him. We got to talking about this and that, and it turns out he was having a pretty awful day due to health problems. He said that by Conner and I smiling his way, he had an instant boost of happiness. In turn, it made my day knowing that I could make someone's day that easily. I never even got his name, but I don't think I'll ever forget him.

There is nothing wrong with being upset sometimes, but don't let it get the best of you. Wake up every morning and tell yourself that today WILL be a good day, and then make it that way. Things are going to happen, but it will get better. Every end is a new beginning. And I quote Annie 'You're never fully dressed without a smile.' - so don't be naked! SMILE!!

Love, Me.

1 comment: