Tuesday, August 14, 2012

teriyaki pork chops

It has been a loooong while since I have posted any new recipes. I know I've mentioned in a few posts some of the reasons why I have not been posting them, but I've decided that enough people have messaged me on Facebook asking for more ideas that I will start back. 

So, you all know I love my crock pot, right? Lol. I've been reading up on freezer meals lately. Seems like a good idea since I will have a newborn and be losing my husband to the sandbox around the same time. I wanted to try some of them out first before I freeze them, just to be sure I'll actually like it. Tonight we did teriyaki pork chops. I will definitely be using this as a freezer meal!

Ingredients:
3-4 pork chops, about 1 inch thick
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste

If you are freezing it, put all those ingredients into a freezer bag. Doesn't matter which way you put the ingredients in. Get as much air out as possible. When placing in the freezer, put it flat so you'll have more room. The instructions, which you should probably write on the bag, unless you have an awesome memory, are just as simple. Cook in crock pot on high for 4-5 hours, or low for 6-7 hours. Keep in mind, you should not put the entire bag into your crock pot. Just the contents. So after freezing, just pull the bag out before bed and put it in your refrigerator to thaw and then put it in the slow cooker the next morning. Best part? Once you put this in your freezer, it's good for 3 months. I also suggest writing the "expiration" date on the bag.




No comments:

Post a Comment