Wednesday, August 15, 2012

mozzarella stuffed meatballs

I saw these on Pinterest and I knew I had to make them. Who doesn't love meatballs? Add in mozzarella and it's a little piece of Heaven. I served these on top of white rice with brown gravy. Yum! The blog I was directed to didn't have any ingredient list, so I used the one I normally use, but added in the mozzarella. 

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoons parsley
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon bread crumbs (I used Italian flavored)
1 egg
mozzarella cheese, cubed
EVOO

Preheat oven to 350F.  In a large bowl, mix together the first 9 ingredients. Generously coat the bottom of a glass baking dish with EVOO. I used about 2 tablespoons. Separate your meat mixture into 9 equal globs. You can make them smaller if you'd like, but will have to adjust baking time. Smash a glob to a semi-flat status in your hand. I know, my cooking lingo is awesome. Place a cube of mozzarella in the center and then shape the meat into a ball around it. Continue with all 9 globs. Put your stuffed meatballs in the EVOO drenched baking dish and pop that bad boy in the oven for about 35 minutes. Mine came out perfectly cooked. Look at these. DROOL. See the mozzarella oozing out?



No comments:

Post a Comment