Monday, January 9, 2012

old fashioned cheesecake

I seriously had a craving for cheesecake today. Out of nowhere, too. So I looked through my cook books and found an 'old fashioned' cheesecake. In other words, just a normal cheesecake. I added my own chocolate drizzle on the top to add some more flavor.

Ingredients:
9" pie crust
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 325F. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, salt and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Place pie crust on a baking sheet. Pour filling into the pie crust and bake for 30 minutes, until inserted knife comes out clean. Add fruit (or in my case the chocolate drizzle) on top and chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment