Thursday, January 19, 2012

big changes in 2012

And I do mean big. First big surprise of 2012 - We got orders to PCS to Fort Stewart, GA in June. Along with that PCS, Chris will also be deploying shortly after we get there. We've already started preparing mentally for what is to come. This is a part of the military life. It's going to happen and we just go with the flow. Easier said than done, I'm sure, but we intend to get through it stronger than ever. After all, they do say distance makes the heart grow fonder. But we also have a BIG surprise. Ready?


You are seeing that correctly, my friends. We are expecting! If you think this comes as a surprise to you, imagine what a surprise it was to us. On January 12 I was supposed to go to a routine appointment to get my birth control refilled. I always take an EPT to save myself and them some time from doing it at their office. Like any other time I've gone in to have the prescription written, I took it that morning. While it was sitting there doing it's thing, I continued to get myself and Conner ready for the day. I went back over to the sink and glanced and then did a double take. Instantly I was pushed into a panic attack. I sat down, shaking, with my head between my legs trying to figure out how it all happened so quickly. At the end of November, when Chris finished his last field time, we decided we would go ahead and try for another baby. However, At the end of December, I told him I'd rather wait since we would most likely be PCSing and along with that was the deployment. Plus, it took us 8ish months to get pregnant with Conner, so there was no way I would have been pregnant after barely a month of trying. I guess God had other plans! I also found it weird that I had zero symptoms. Had I had this appointment a few days later, the absence of my period would have given it away. It was the same with Conner. No symptoms at all with him and so far none with this one.

I calmed down just enough to call Chris, who was standing in first formation (awful timing, I know), but as soon as he answered I started babbling like a fool. He thought I had been in a car accident! Haha. So I finally get out that I don't think I can get back on birth control because the EPT was positive. I told him not to worry, I was headed to the doctor anyway and I'd have an answer when he got home. I get there and told them the happenings of the morning. They had me do a urine pregnancy test for them, but theirs was negative. With conflicting pregnancy tests, I had to do the blood test to see my HCG levels. Dr. Gomez said that if it came back positive, that she would call me by the end of the work day. If it was negative, I wouldn't receive a call. All day long I was pacing the house waiting for a call. Nothing! I just had this feeling that I was, so we went to the store and got another pregnancy test. It was also positive. Why didn't she call!? I planned to call her the next morning.

When I called, she was with a patient so they took a message. About an hour later, a nurse called me back to inform me that I was indeed pregnant and that Dr. Gomez had just gotten busy the afternoon before and had forgotten to call to tell me the results. It certainly was a little light for that mornings events. We had decided that we were not going to tell anyone right away, because that same morning we had gotten the call about Chris's uncle passing away. We wanted to give the family time to properly grieve before we hit them with our news. However, it has been SO hard to keep this a secret! Anyway, I made my appointment for OB orientation and first ultrasound. It's on February 8. With Conner's pregnancy, I didn't take belly pictures except the day we found out he was a boy. This one I will be taking them every 4 weeks. 

4 weeks. Promise it's not a bump. Just my fat!


The only downfall so far with this pregnancy is that I am not allowed to take medication for any chronic illnesses (with includes GERD). That Nexium was the only thing making the GERD bearable. Now I can only take Tums, which barely do anything for it.This just means I have to be much more careful about my intake of meats and red sauces. The dreadful heartburn will just continue to get worse, I'm sure. I might just end up throwing up with this pregnancy, unlike Conner's haha.

But that's our big news. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment