Tuesday, January 3, 2012

chicken fajita chowder

This is my last real meal for the next few days, so I knew I needed to make it count. Tomorrow I go in for my biopsy, and since it's invasive through my esophagus, I'll be living on broth. That's for another blog, though. Back to the chowder!

Ingredients:
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
3 cups of water
2 cups frozen corn
1 cup of uncooked brown rice
1 cup of green enchilada sauce
1/4 cup diced green chiles
1/4 teaspoon of salt
4 oz shredded mexican cheese blend
8 oz sour cream

In the crock pot, mix together all ingredients except for sour cream and cheese. Cook on low for 4 hours. Add in sour cream and cheese until melted. It's really good with tortilla chips added in for some crunch or even garlic bread. 


No comments:

Post a Comment