Monday, January 23, 2012

the joys of a toddler

Conner has definitely been giving us a run for our money. We started potty training back in December. I'm not going to lie, we haven't stuck to it very well. There are days where we just don't even try. Well, none of that anymore. He wore his last diaper yesterday and I am NOT buying anymore until this baby is born. From now on, it's underwear during the day, pull up during nap and bedtime. Here is where we run into our issue. When he is naked, he goes in the bathroom and pees all by himself. Once the underwear go on, he just assumes it's a diaper. The wetness does not even seem to bother him. It's very frustrating, especially seeing my friends kids of the same age or younger already potty trained. I get it, all kids are different, but I just want my kid to 'get it' and understand that underwear does not = diaper! We haven't even attempted working on the poop part yet. I need to get him trained with the pee part first. He does go into the bathroom and yell 'potty' at us when he poops, but he does it AS he is going, not before, so we can never get him on the toilet. Not to mention, he is TERRIFIED of sitting on the potty. The big one or the little one. Sigh. He'll get it eventually. Until then, I can't do anything since I have to stay at home and potty train.

On better notes, this is the second time Conner knew I was pregnant before we did. Before I had my miscarriage, he kept telling me 'baby'. I didn't know I was pregnant then until I had the miscarriage. He also did it this time, pointing to my belly and saying 'baby' before I found out. And now he keeps telling us 'baby sister'. Wouldn't that be awesome if it was a girl? I might have a toddler psychic on my hands, haha. He really loves being around babies so there is no doubt in my mind that he will be an awesome big brother. I can't wait until I get a bump going on and he can feel the baby move. He'll love it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment