Saturday, January 28, 2012

ham and cheese sliders

It's been a while since I've posted a new recipe. I've been on a pretty bland diet. Ever since finding out I was pregnant, I'm not allowed to take Nexium which means the GERD is back with a vengeance. I have a few new ones for you guys within the next 2 weeks. Not new as in I made them up (which I rarely do), but new to me and good enough to pass on! Now, this recipe called for poppy seeds, but I was unable to find them at the store. Instead of trying another store, I just omitted them. I'll still add them to the recipe though. You can either use them or not. The recipe is meant to make 24 sliders.

Ingredients (sandwich):
white dinner rolls
honey ham
sliced swiss cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup miracle whip

Ingredients (Poppy seed sauce):
1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 tablespoon minced onions
1/4 teaspoon worchestershire sauce

In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and miracle whip. Cut the rolls in half and spread on both sides of the bread. Place a piece of honey ham and swiss cheese on each roll bottom and then close with the top. I cut the cheese and ham in half and the fold them in half to fit them on the rolls. Place the rolls close together in a deep baking dish. In another bowl (or the same one rinsed out), mix together all ingredients for the poppy seed sauce. The original recipe says to pour the sauce over the rolls, but I used a marinade brush and just spread it evenly over the tops and sides so they wouldn't get super soggy. Let the sliders sit for 10 minutes to allow the butter to set slightly. During this time, preheat the oven to 350F. After the 10 minutes, cover with foil and bake for 12 minutes. Remove foul and bake for an additional 5 minutes, until the tops are slightly brown and crispy. Best served warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment