Saturday, November 12, 2011

omelet muffin cups

Okay, so I can't make an omelet for the life of me. I've tried so many times. I found this on Pinterest (which I currently have a major addiction to) and had to try it. Chris LOVES breakfast. Me, not so much. So I only cook breakfast on the weekends. Conner and I are just fine with oatmeal and cereal. Anyway, here's my outcome of the omelet muffin cups! By the way, you can add anything into them that you want. We only did veggies since I'm still not eating meat because of the GERD.

Ingredients:
6 large eggs
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or mozz)
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 375°F. While the oven is preheating, slice up the bell peppers (and any other ingredients you are adding). In a medium mixing bowl, beat the 6 eggs thoroughly and let it sit for a bit. Sprinkle in the salt and pepper. Next, grease the muffin pan. Very important, or else it'll be a pain to get them out. Layer the veggies (and whatever else you are adding) in the muffin pan, adding cheese on top. Then, pour the egg yolk into the muffin pan, up to 3/4 full. Depending on how much ingredients you put in each cup, it should fill up 6-8 cups. After the cups have been filled, we took a fork and stirred through each cup, ensuring that the ingredients were distributed equally. Give each cup a finishing touch with a pinch of breadcrumbs on the very top. Bake for 25 minutes. When they are done, put a toothpick in them to make sure the eggs are cooked thoroughly. Let sit for about 2 minutes before taking them out.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment