Saturday, November 12, 2011

italian herb pasta salad

Not your traditional pasta salad. Again, husband requested something simple, and I decided it needed to be turned into something a little different. I love pasta salad, but I just made some on Monday, so I needed something new. It didn't turn out too bad, in my opinion!

Ingredients:
1 box (16 oz) tri-color rotini pasta
1 large cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 cup Italian dressing
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
8 oz mozzarella cheese, chopped into small squares
small pepperonis (optional)

Cook pasta according to packaging directions. Rinse with cold water and drain. Mix tomato sauce, basil, and dressing in a large bowl. Add in pasta and toss to coat evenly. Add in all other ingredients and stir together. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours, but no longer than 24 hours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment