Wednesday, November 30, 2011

chicken salad

I used to be a manager at Arby's and my favorite thing they have is the Chicken Salad Sandwich/Wrap. It's Heaven wrapped in carbs. Wonderful. We had to make gigantic batches of it. That was the highlight of my (every three) days. This may or may not be the recipe on a much smaller scale ;). 

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1/4 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup apples, diced
1/4 cup seedless red grapes, halved

Cook the chicken breasts fully. While it's cooking, chop up the remaining ingredients and set aside. I decided instead of dicing the chicken to put it into my nifty food processor. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until well blended. Serve as a sandwich, wrap, bagel or even on it's own. We chose the bagels. Nom nom nom!


No comments:

Post a Comment