Thursday, October 27, 2011

pumpkin rice krispies treats (gluten free)

There is a Children's Fall Festival coming up in a few days here at Fort Bliss. My FRG will have a booth set up to sell goodies, hold some raffles, and do some crafts with the kids. I made two baskets to be raffled off: A Scentsy basket and a Kids Movie Night basket. Since I love to cook and bake, I decided I also wanted to make something to put in our bake sale. I found this treat after browsing several food blogs. Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treats. And a bonus - it's gluten free!

Ingredients:
1- 10 oz bag of marshmallows
6 cups of (gluten free) rice krispies cereal
red and yellow food coloring
15-20 tootsie rolls
green decorating frosting
3 tablespoons of butter

In a large pot, melt butter. Add in marshmallows. Once marshmallows are all nice and melty, add in 12 drops if yellow and 4 drops of red food coloring to make 'pumpkin orange'. Add in the cereal. Wait about 5 minutes. I sprayed some nonstick cooking spray on my hands in between rolling so nothing would stick to me. Roll rice krispies mixture into balls and place on wax paper. Push a tootsie roll into the top center to make a stem. Use green frosting to make the leaves. Voila! 


No comments:

Post a Comment