Wednesday, January 23, 2013

hard-boiled eggs.. in the oven?

Sweet Alton Brown, you are my hero! 
IT WORKS!! 
This is, hands down, the best batch of hard-boiled eggs I have ever made 
in. my. life.


I will never have to worry about ruining another dozen of eggs again. 
325F for 30 minutes.
10 minutes in a bowl of cold water.
Tap all over on counter to put cracks in shell.
Peel.
Also the easiest peeling I've ever done.
The little brown bits are from where the egg was against the hot tin. 
Still tastes just fine!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! This makes me think of another idea I saw on Pinterest. Making the egg for an egg sandwich in muffin tins in the oven (you scramble, add your spices, and vegetables and bake). Then you put them in a tupperware in the fridge and have breakfast precooked for the mornings, just make your toast and warm your egg. Better than the store bought stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete