Thursday, January 17, 2013

discovering savannah

We have lived here for 8 months now and I JUST got the tour of River Street and City Market in Savannah. What's up with that!? I've gone to Savannah at least twice a month since we bought our house, yet I never even knew these places existed. Well, I know where I will be visiting more often. 

Today we got to go on a lunch date with some friends from Fort Bliss. They are from around the area and were home on leave. Oh, how we've missed them and their two little girls! Conner was beyond excited when I told him last night what our plans were for today. He kept going on and on about his friends. It's been just over a year since we've seen Shaun and 8 months since we've seen Jessica and the girls. The girls! Oh My Gosh! They are going to be TWO in July. It feels like it was just yesterday that she called me to say her water had broke and then very shortly after I got a text saying she had them. Time flies.

We started our little tour on River Street. Conner got to see this neat wooden ship. They had it open for free tours, but I didn't feel like going in there. Bad mommy. :( We stopped by the River Street Sweets and bought some salt water taffy. Some for home and some to send over to daddy. Then we walked over to City Market and had lunch at Wing Street Cafe. It was awesome. Unfortunately, bipolar Georgia weather showed up and it dropped at least 10 degrees while we were eating. A good ol thunderstorm was rearing it's head, so we decided to just end the day with that. The girls were tired, I knew Conner was exhausted from walking and Lucas was getting ready to knock back out after eating. At least we got to spend a few hours with some good friends, on top of discovering some little gems to visit later on.

I'm actually planning to put a few ideas in the 'date jar' for when Chris gets home. Like dinner on the riverboat, carriage rides and just having a picnic in City Market. It was also suggested to hit up River Street for their St. Patrick's Day celebrations one year if we ever get the chance. Very much looking forward to doing some of that stuff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment