Sunday, March 4, 2012

no bake energy bites

Since finding out I was pregnant, food has really been the last thing on my mind. I am never hungry, but that also means I never had energy. I originally found a recipe for no bake energy bites on Pinterest. A friend of mine found the same recipe and made them, and she loved them. I decided that since I need to eat SOMETHING, that this is small, yet good for me to try. And they are amazing! The original recipe called for 1/2 cup ground flaxseed, but I couldn't find it so I just omitted it.

Ingredients:
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup of peanut butter (or nutella, yum!)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for half an hour. I left mine in there for an hour, just to ensure it wasn't too sticky. It's still very sticky when you start rolling balls, so my advise is to spray a little nonstick cooking spray on your hands and rub them together. You might have to do this a few times throughout. Take about a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into balls. Eat up! Store them in an airtight container for up to a week. This recipe got me about 20 of the bites.


No comments:

Post a Comment