Tuesday, March 20, 2012

having a rough few days

Just like the title says, it's been hell. Saturday was St. Patrick's Day, my favorite holiday. Don't you dare start stereotyping me, lol. It was also a lovely almost 80 degrees in El Paso. I have been having these dizzy/fainting spells for quite a while. They have gotten worse with this pregnancy. We went to WalMart to pick up baby's nursery set and while we were there, I started randomly sweating, my face went pale, my hearing was muffled and my eye sight got blurry. I grabbed ahold of the counter and was able to regain my balance and had Chris go stand there to wait on the money order. We got something to eat because I assumed it happened because I hadn't eaten in a few hours. Once we got home, I had this awful headache and was still very faint feeling. I decided to go into the ER. 

Chris dropped me off around 3:45ish. At 4 they got me checked in. I sat in the waiting room for 3 hours before they even called me back to take my vitals. Waited another hour and a half before a doctor came to see me. He instantly thought what I've been thinking all along, that I'm hypoglycemic. But just to be safe, they also ordered an EKG and some more blood tests. Waiting for another few hours before anyone came to do those. I was in between sweating and freezing because of the cold hospital, so my veins weren't playing friendly. Because of that, I got a nice golf ball sized bruise where the vein blew. It wasn't the nurses fault, it's just how my body was reacting at the time. The EKG came back with some abnormal results. Waited for another few hours before I was discharged. They had originally wanted to keep me for a few days to get the tests done at once, but I told them that I didn't have anyone to watch my son for that long while Chris worked, so we are scheduling everything one at a time. Unfortunately for me, I got those lovely no driving orders now, so I have to find someone to take me to every appointment. Sucks. Makes me feel like a child. I have to see a neurologist, a cardiologist to be fit with a heart rate monitor, and check my blood sugar multiple times a day. 

It was almost 2am when I was released to go home. Slept for a few hours until Conner woke up. Then there was a nasty sand storm, which made my sinuses go nuts. I pretty much was lazy all day long to try to get my energy back. Yesterday it was freezing cold and we had some bipolar weather. Liz came to visit and while she was here, it thundered and a little lightening, then random hail, then some snow flurries, then rain, and then just clouds. Hard to believe it was so nice on Saturday. Anyway, after she left I was alright for a while. Before we went to bed, I started having some pretty bad cramps, but figured I'd just try to sleep through them. I ended up waking up every single hour because they hurt so bad. Around 3:30, I woke up in tears. I could not handle it anymore. Poor Chris woke up with me even though he had to be at work super early. I ended up deciding to not try to fall back asleep, because they hurt worse when I was laying down. They were all over my stomach and up into my back. Walking around helped a little bit. I still had no blood, so I didn't want to wake Conner up and go to the hospital and it be nothing in the end. Now it's about 7:15 and they are almost completely gone. I'll still bring it up to my midwife tomorrow at my prenatal appointment.

I have an appointment this afternoon with the neurologist. Hopefully finding out what steps I need to take with them. I pray they figure everything out quickly, because I have less than 2 months left here at Bliss. I think because I had such an awesome pregnancy with Conner and had a wonderful first trimester with this one, now it's going to be awful. =/ Oh well. As long as baby ends up healthy, I'll live.


No comments:

Post a Comment