Saturday, April 30, 2011

tornado relief, fort bliss style.

Ahh! I am so excited. I started a donation drive after hearing about the tornadoes that completely tore up all of the places I know and love in Alabama. I used to be a cheerleader, and knowing that some schools we played are completely gone, is so, so sad. The death toll is over 200 in Alabama alone, and 400+ still unaccounted for in Tuscaloosa. So I wanted to give back.

I made an event on Facebook, and right now I'm sitting at 39 attending. We've had 3 donations of essential items, clothing, and nonperishable food. A money donation to help with shipping. I also put all the money that I made in the community yard sale towards shipping. Right now we have $160 to go to that. So at $19 per large flat rate box, I can send 8. I have 3 confirmed places that I am sending to, and working on a 4th. Packages will be going to Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, and possibly southern Illinois due to the massive flooding there.
I'm so thankful to know so many caring people. With their help, we can at least put a smile on a few faces in this time of devastation.

Love, Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment