Friday, October 4, 2013

DIY: Autumn Door Wreath

My favorite season is autumn. It could be autumn all year long and I would be completely okay with that. The leaves are turning, the weather is cooling down. Sweaters and boots come out of the closet. Fleece pullovers and bonfires. And then there is the decorating. That's the best part! Okay, maybe dressing up for Halloween and cooking Thanksgiving dinner ranks higher, but you know what I mean.



Supplies:
14" Foam wreath form
1 roll of brown ribbon
1 roll of orange ribbon
leaves and berries from a fall garland
tacky glue

Use tacky glue to secure a small section of ribbon. Begin wrapping ribbon around diagonally, like a candy cane, leaving just enough space for the second color ribbon. When you get to the end, cut and secure with more tacky glue. Repeat with second ribbon color. With the remaining ribbon, wrap around bottom (or top) or wreath and secure by tying a bow. Glue your accents on. Be sure to leave the wreath laying flat for at least an hour so that everything dries in place, or else you'll get some sliding around. You can use a hot glue gun for faster drying time, but I seem to have some bad luck burning myself and try to avoid them. Haha. I also found this cute little harvest pilgrim decoration that a friend gave to me years ago that I tied to it.

You can pretty much add whatever little tidbits you'd like to make it yours. Try adding a wooden letter to represent your last name. Some pinecones would also look cute! The possibilities are endless.


No comments:

Post a Comment