Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Bacon Wrapped Roasted Asparagus

Asparagus came in my Bountiful Baskets this past week. I have a confession - I have never had asparagus. I've been offered, but never took the leap of trying it. This comes from not having a large offering of food choices as a child. With these baskets, I've been forced out of my comfort zone in order to use some of the items we receive. I adore roasted vegetables, so I decided to just do that to our asparagus. With bacon, of course. Because bacon.



Ingredients:
a bunch of asparagus
bacon slices
1/4 cup melted butter
a tablespoon of brown sugar

Preheat oven to 400F. Wrap a baking sheet in aluminum foil. Cut the ends off of the asparagus (not the tips, you want those). Make smaller bundles, about 10 pieces in each. Wrap the bacon around the asparagus, leaving about an inch free on top and bottom. You can secure with a toothpick, but mine wrapped just perfectly so I could place the seam side down. Pour melted butter evenly over the bundles. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake for 30 minutes. The asparagus should be starting to wilt. Serve with chicken or whatever you desire! We also roasted some potatoes at the same time drizzled with garlic infused oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment