Tuesday, July 9, 2013

healthy peanut butter cookies

Healthy enough, anyway. I have an addiction to peanut butter cookies. This could possibly be because WIC gives you so many jars of peanut butter and I can't possibly use them all on PB&J's. I wanted to make some cookies for dessert tonight and realized I was out of eggs. Darn! However, I've had this scenario before and used applesauce. Guess what? I was out of that, too. However, I do have bananas. Thank you, bountiful baskets! So here is a recipe I found over at The Daring Gourmet. I tweaked it a tiny bit, but they deserve the credit. These are SO good!



Ingredients:
1/2c solidified coconut oil
1/3c honey
1c natural, unsweetened peanut butter
1 egg (or in my case, 1/2 of a banana mashed)
1t vanilla
1c whole wheat flour (I used almond flour)
1/4t salt
1/2t baking soda
1/2t baking powder
1T gound flax seeds
2T oat bran

Preheat oven to 350F. In one bowl, cream the solidified coconut oil, peanut butter, vanilla, honey and banana (or egg). In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add in the oat bran and flax seeds. Stir the mixtures together until just combined. Form dough into 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press criss cross pattern with a fork. Bake 7-10 minutes (7 minutes makes them PERFECT for me). Allow to cool for 5 minutes before enjoying!



No comments:

Post a Comment