Tuesday, July 9, 2013

another stuffed pepper recipe

We like experimenting with stuffed peppers. We've done traditional ground beef, mexican style, pizza style, philly cheese steak style and now... the "Amber" style. I had some cream cheese mixture left over from the bacon wrapped stuffed turkey tenderloins and no idea what to do with it. My plan was to make traditional stuffed peppers, but uhhh, I forgot ground beef. I put my thinking cap on and, tadaaa! Amber style stuffed peppers. I apologize that I had already started devouring the pepper before snapping a picture. It's that good. It looked a lot nicer before I started cutting it up lol.



Ingredients:
green onion and chive cream cheese
red bell pepper, diced
green onions, diced
2 green bell peppers
4 slices of canadian bacon
Parmesan cheese
chicken broth

Preheat oven to 350F. Cut the tops off of the green bell peppers and clean the ribs and seeds out. You can slice the bottoms to sit flat in the baking dish, if needed. Pour just enough broth to cover the bottoms of the peppers. In a bowl, mix your green onions, red bell peppers and cream cheese. Start with a slice of canadian bacon in the bottom of the pepper. Put a decent size scoop of the cream cheese mixture on top of that. I used about 2T. Put another slice of canadian bacon on top of the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Put in oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment