Friday, September 14, 2012

pregnancy week 39

Oh my. Has it really already been 39 weeks? Yes, yes it has. Just had our 39 week appointment this afternoon and got some news. Here's our weekly update! Keep in mind, I hold nothing back. There is probably information in here that will gross some people out. I didn't make you read it! Lol

-Lucas is head down and in -3 position.
-I am currently 2cm dilated, 50% effaced.
-Had my membranes stripped again. Insta-bloody show.
-Heartbeat is 148, much lower than it has been, but still good.
-Uterus is measuring at 40 weeks.

The midwife says as long as my body is ready for labor, that the stripping usually helps it along within the next 48 hours. She actually went as far as to give me information for the doctor on call tonight. She has much higher hopes than I do lol. We have another appointment scheduled for next week, the day after my due date. If it gets to that point, we will try one more membrane sweep and set up an induction, just in case. I'm still holding out for my natural birth, but I've come to terms with the fact that it might not happen without a little assistance. 

Chris, Conner and I are so excited that time is coming near. We can't wait to snuggle this little guy and show him how much we love him. Conner has taken such an interest in him the past few days. He has always been interested, but he rarely messes with my belly. The past few days he's been rubbing it and talking to him. He's so good with other babies. I just know he's going to be an awesome big brother. 


No comments:

Post a Comment