Sunday, April 15, 2012

mini corn dogs

My husband said that the dinner I made tonight was 'cute' so I needed to share it. I haven't shared any in a while anyway. Tonight I made mini corn dogs in a mini muffin tin. Super simple, and makes soo much! I know what I'll be making for future get togethers. Who doesn't like corn dogs?!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup of milk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup of cornmeal
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
10 hotdogs (or turkey dogs, whatever your preference)

Preheat oven to 375F. Combine butter and sugar in a bowl and whisk until combined. Add in eggs and whisk again. Add in milk and whisk again. In a separate bowl, mix together the baking soda, cornmeal, flour and salt until well combined. Add the cornmeal mixture to the wet mixture and whisk well. Spray the mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Pour about a tablespoon of mix into each cup. Cut the hotdogs into 1 inch pieces and place into the middle of each cup. Bake for 8-12 minutes. This makes approximately 48 mini corn dogs. I only had 8 hotdogs, so I ended up having about 36 mini corn dogs and then 12 mini cornbread muffins. Delicious! Here is what they look like before and after. I only have 1 mini muffin tin so I had to do 2 batches. 


No comments:

Post a Comment