Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter crafts with the kiddo

Chris has CQ today, so for the next 24 hours, it's just me and Conner. He's been asking to color a lot, so up first, printable Disney Easter pages that I found over here at Disney Clips. Free to print off the pages. He loves Mickey Mouse and Pooh, so it worked out perfectly. Here is a picture of his masterpieces. 



Next up, making a family of bunnies out of toilet paper tubes! Paper towel tubes will work just as well. I cut the tubes to make a taller 'Daddy Bunny', a little bit shorter 'Mommy Bunny' and of course, the little 'Conner Bunny'. He had so much fun making a mess. We painted the tubes and let them dry. Since I knew he'd make a mess and I have no painting smocks, I made a makeshift one out of a garbage bag. Cut three holes, two for arms and one for his head and voila! After they were dry, I used a sharpie to make their eyes, nose and whiskers. I'm all out of mini pom poms, but if I had some, they'd have tails, too. For now, a drawn on tail will work. I cut out some ears from paper and glued them on. Here's our little bunny family.



Last up, cookies! I will make some sugar cookies later tonight in the shapes of bunnies and eggs. Conner will get to decorate them with some icing. This also will get a little messy, so back to a makeshift paint garbage bag apron. Overall, I think we had a pretty successful craft day. Full of fun. If I remember, I'll snap some pictures of the cookie decorating and add them here.


No comments:

Post a Comment