Tuesday, April 24, 2012

and bean is a...

BOY!

Quite surprising since EVERYTHING pointed to girl. We went to Las Cruces, NM to this little place called Baby Cheeks 3D/4D Ultrasounds for an elective gender scan since I wouldn't be able to get my anatomy scan here in El Paso due to moving right around 20 weeks. It is usually about a 45 minute drive with no traffic, so we left early since it was Saturday and we didn't know what to expect. Turns out, it only took us about 40 minutes all together, so we got there SUPER early. To pass time, we went to Barnes & Noble so Conner could play around in the kids section.

At 10:45 we went back to Baby Cheeks and got to go in a little early. The first shot of the baby's 'area' made us all question it, but after the second shot, we knew this little bean was a dude. Conner was instantly upset and told her 'NO!' Chris told him it was baby brother Lucas and he just pouted. The tech offered to give him his own ultrasound picture and he was happy about that. We decided to take him back to the mall where Barnes & Noble was to let him pick out something to maybe get him feeling more happy about having a brother rather than the sister he wanted. 

We walked all over that mall and the only kids store was The Children's Place. Too expensive for my liking. We did find a cute little candy store and they had a jar that said 'It's a Boy' on it, so Conner got that a filled it with blue and green gummy bears. Then we started our drive back to El Paso.

We called all of our family, and for the most part received positive reactions. I think it was more than just us hoping for a little girl, but that's alright. We very happy to still have a healthy little boy growing in there, especially with all of the issues I have been having this pregnancy. He's still flipped with his head to my cervix, but he stretches out enough to kick my belly button. He's also measuring a few days ahead, which I find weird since I still have no appetite and sitting below pre-pregnancy weight. 

For some reason, it won't let me upload Conner's picture that we took for the gender reveal, but here is an ultrasound picture of our little Lucas Reed. <3


I'll try to keep updating more. I've been slacking a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment