Friday, March 25, 2011

just checking in.

It's been a few days since I made an actual blog instead of the music challenge. Which, by the way, I failed my own personal goal. I wanted to try to not use the same artist and I ended up doing just that. Go figure! It's fun anyway! Let me play a little catch up here. Chris has been in the field during the week for the last 3 weeks so we've only gotten to see him on weekends. Conner and I just hang out around here most of the time if I don't have any appointments to go to. Yesterday we met up with Liz at the PX for coffee, but ended up just walking around instead. Finally bought Conner a pair of shorts. It's getting a bit hot down here. The pants are becoming too much. Ate at Smashburger for lunch. Went back to her apartment and hung out for a bit. Had some chinese for dinner and then we stayed over at her place. We had a few drinks and had a Glee marathon. I love Glee. She let me borrow the first season, which I have already finished haha! She also lent me a book. 'Lincoln Lawyer'. I've been hearing good reviews about it so I can't wait to start reading it. That is probably what I will do as soon as I am done writing this since Chris is still at the company. 

Yesterday was Chris's birthday. He spent it out in the field. I laughed though because the last 2 birthdays of mine have been spent alone. That's the Army for ya. His parents sent Portillo's down as his gift. Imagine that. We get a little taste of home. :) I haven't opened the box yet since it is his gift. I have been tempted though. It's just sitting there on the table begging to be opened. 

We have to pack the entire apartment this weekend since we move to the new house on Tuesday. I  guess they are letting him off to help me move, but we are hoping they let 1 or 2 other guys off to help us otherwise it's going to be quite interesting for him and I to move this entire house on our own in one day. We have no choice but to do it all in one day. We can't sign the lease for the new house until 11am on the 29th and I have an appointment with the radiologist on the 30th and then have to clean this apartment and have the final walk through by the 31st. So stressful. Oh well, once we get in this house, it should be smooth sailing. 

On a brighter note - regular season baseball starts in just 6 days! I so can't wait to go to the game in June. Speaking of that, just over 2 months before I'm headed back to Chicago! So excited! I'm finally going to get to see some of my friends for the first time in almost 2 years. I'm lucky enough to have some awesome friends. No matter the distance or time apart, I know they are always there. 

I have made a goal for myself to lose 15-20 pounds before I go home. I weighed myself this morning for the first time since my last doctors appointment (which was a week and a half ago) and I'm down 5.3 pounds so far. And that is just from cutting out caffeine. I'm not going to lie though, as I am typing this I am drinking a Pepsi. But it's my first one in a while. And to be quite honest, I've only sipped on about half of it in the past hour and it's not that appealing. I can do this. I hate writing about losing weight because I always bounce between the same 5 pounds, but this time I am below that normal stopping point. It's worth a mention. Well, I guess I will wrap this up for today. Thanks for reading!

Love, Me.

1 comment: