Saturday, January 18, 2014

One Pot Spaghetti

Hello there. I'm back to share a new recipe with you all. We've been trying to focus more on food for the boys. With Lucas being MSPI, it gets a little tough, and I will be the first to admit that I give him things he really shouldn't have. Since I volunteered with Bountiful Baskets this afternoon, we needed something quick. Shout out to all the parents who hate making spaghetti sauce (me). Here it is. Feel free to switch up your seasonings. Add in a can of diced tomatoes if you like that. My family doesn't, so I excluded it.



Ingredients:
1/2lb angel hair pasta
3 1/2 cups of water
6oz tomato paste
1/2lb ground beef
a clove of garlic, minced
small onion, diced
pepper
salt
basil
oregano
italian seasoning

In a large pot, cook the beef, onion and garlic until the beef is done. Do not drain. Add in water, tomato paste, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Stir in the angel hair pasta, broken in half. Return to a boil and then reduce heat. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked and the sauce is the consistency you like. That easy!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment