Monday, August 19, 2013

buffalo chicken - keto friendly

I don't understand why a lot of people use the excuse that all the "good" food is taken away if you make a healthy lifestyle change. That is so not true. One of our favorite things to eat is buffalo chicken. I could post up at b-dubs and never leave. Needless to say, I was THRILLED when I came across this keto friendly recipe for buffalo chicken. Not the best thing to eat when you have GERD, but I will take the few days of suffering for a really good meal. I didn't have tenders, so I just cubed it up after baking/before tossing.

Ingredients:
6 oz finely ground pork rinds
2 Tbsp parsley flakes
1 Tbsp garlic powder
 1 Tbsp seasoning salt
2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken tenders
3 eggs
your choice of wing sauce (I use Moore's Buffalo Wing Sauce. 0 carb)



Two ways to go about making it, depending on how fast you want them. 

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk eggs in one bowl. In a separate bowl, combine pork rinds and seasonings. Cover chicken in egg and then cover with pork rind/seasoning mix. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Toss with your wing sauce and serve. 
-or-
2. In a heavy pot, warm about a gallon of vegetable oil to 350F. Cover chicken with egg and then with the pork rind/seasoning mix. Drop slowly into oil for about 6 minutes. Once cooked, set on a plate with paper towel to drain excess grease. Toss chicken in wing sauce and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment