Friday, July 13, 2012

oven roasted vegetables

I don't know why I haven't made these before. I made a cheese sauce to dip them in. It was horrible. I will not be sharing that disaster of a sauce. Lol. Once I find a cheese sauce recipe that works well, I will pass it along. For now, here is the delicious vegetables that would make a great side. We ate ours as a meal with french bread. By the way, swiss cheese does not melt well in a crock pot. Look at the picture. It was terrible. We live and we learn haha.

Ingredients:
5 small red potatoes
head of broccoli
head of cauliflower 
1/2 bag baby carrots
2 tablespoons olive oil
italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 450F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Cut the small potatoes in half once and then in half again. You can peel them, or leave the skins. Skins are good for you :). Cut up the broccoli and cauliflower into florets. Put all vegetables into a big bowl and toss with the olive oil and seasoning until well coated. Add as much or as little seasoning as you'd like. I used about 1 1/2 tablespoons. Pour your vegetables onto the baking sheet in an even layer. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment