Sunday, September 1, 2013

Kale Chips

On today's episode of "How to Sneak Vegetable to My Children": Kale Chips! These were so good. I honestly expected something bitter and weird, but they were gobbled up within minutes. So simple to make, healthy to eat. Now that is a snack I will keep around willingly. I burnt mine a little bit. Forgot to set a timer! They were still good.



Ingredients:
Kale
Sea salt
Coconut oil

Preheat oven to 275F. Wash kale. Pat dry with a paper towel. Remove the stem and break into "chip" size pieces. Place them in a single player on a baking sheet. Spritz with coconut oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for about 15 minutes. That's it! 

They were tasty just like this, but next time I will try experimenting with some other seasonings. Maybe I can make some BBQ kale chips? Who knows! The options seem limitless. Three year old and Mom approved!


No comments:

Post a Comment