Sunday, August 21, 2011

planning conner's 2nd birthday

This year I am not going all out for Conner's birthday like I did last year. Of all the people who came to his party, I only still talk to two of them. That's the military life for you. People PCS and move on, or you just don't get along anymore. As much as it was a bummer to realize that, it's also a blessing to see all of the new friends we've made since then.

This year, his birthday theme is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It's one of his favorite shows to watch. Since his big day isn't too far away, I've started looking around for decorations. I found a party set that I really loved, but then a friend (that's you Kimmee!) said how she had done this theme for her son a few years back and made her decorations. I started searching for DIY decorations and such and I'm in love with the idea of doing it myself! 

I've made a list of people to invite so I know how much food to prepare and how many goody bags to make. We've decided I am going to make a cupcake cake in the shape of Mickey (but with chocolate frosting because black frosting is a disaster waiting to happen). I'm going to make Mickey (and Minnie) ears for the kiddos to take home. I already have an idea of what I want to put in the goody bags. I'm really excited to see what all my brain cooks up! If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear theme!
Love, Me.


No comments:

Post a Comment